Space Systems Product Engineer.
Space Systems Product Engineer
Los Angeles Metro Area|
$150000 - $180000 per year|
As a (Lead) Space Systems Product Engineer, you will be responsible for defining and prioritizing features to meet user needs, translating requirements into core product elements. You will play a pivotal role in shaping the product-led strategy, influencing the development process, and contributing to the overall growth and success of our technology.
- Comprehensive knowledge of space systems engineering, particularly in satellite program and mission management.
- Experience managing satellite missions from conception to delivery, with a focus on planning and managing nanosatellite and/or microsatellite AIT.
- Familiarity with space testing and qualification standards (e.g., MAR, GEVS, ECSS) commonly used by NASA, ESA, or JAXA.
- Strong understanding of spacecraft operational modes, requirements, and risk mitigation strategies.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-disciplinary, and remote collaborative environment.
- Passion for space exploration and the ability to learn and contribute to a rapidly expanding market.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an obsessive eye for detail.
- Define and develop the product vision to accommodate new missions and evolving needs.
- Participate in Scrum meetings and product sprints.
- Oversee and contribute to all stages of product creation, including design and development.
- Monitor and evaluate product progress.
- Attend UX research sessions and synthesize user feedback to suggest, sort, and/or evaluate feature requests.
- Develop user stories and translate them into concrete features.
- Collaborate with users to understand and anticipate their needs and translate them into product requirements.
- Interface with Engineering and Design teams to prioritize feature development.
- Lead the Product Engineering team, ensuring consistent updates and understanding of current product and development status.
- Sanity-check the platform from a satellite engineering perspective.
- BSc/BEng in Space Systems Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a systems engineer managing satellite missions.
- Project and product management experience.
- Strong knowledge of nanosatellite and/or microsatellite AIT, and familiarity with space testing and qualification standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities.
- MSc/MEng in Space Systems Engineering or equivalent.
- 4-7 years of experience as a systems engineer managing satellite missions.
- Experience with requirements management.
- Familiarity with technical software systems (e.g., Orbital STK, NASA GMAT, MATLAB & Simulink, Fusion 360).
- Experience with regulatory and licensing paperwork for satellite missions.
- Experience with radio frequency selection, allocation, and ground station establishment.
If you are a passionate and experienced space systems engineer ready to contribute to groundbreaking projects, we encourage you to apply.
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.Adam Slade
SUBMIT YOUR CV
Satellite Antenna System Engineer
Satellite Antenna System Engineer Munich, Germany (Relocation provided) We're partnering with a major player in the European space industry, specializing...
Satellite Reflector Material Manager
Satellite Reflector Material Account Manager Munich, Germany (Relocation provided) We're partnering with a major player in the European space industry,...
Satellite Antenna System Engineer
Job Opportunity: Satellite Antenna System Engineer (m/f/d) About the company: They are a leading player in space exploration, known for...
GERMAN TECH SALARY BENCHMARKS.
Are you looking for a new role? Would you like to compare your current salary against the market rate?
Maybe you’re looking to grow your team and need help planning and setting hiring budgets.
Our interactive market update, split by technology, has all the information you need; from salary benchmarks, gender split and average tenure to 'time to hire' and fastest-growing skills.