kr850000 - kr10000000 per annum|
IT Project Management
Our product provides a wide range of solutions for different markets - like Sports Rights Holders, Broadcasters, and Corporations. We increase the value of our clients' media assets by enriching and sharing content across all media platforms - Linear TV, OTT, social media, and Websites…, we enable fast monetization of assets throughout the value chain regardless of location. We provide media services for clients like UEFA, ESPN, DAZN, and others to transform the way video is created, managed, and distributed worldwide. We are proud to be part of major events across the globe such as the Olympic games, major football competitions, and significant corporate launches to name but a few. Our core development teams are based in Oslo and are a tightly knitted group of passionate colleagues. We are looking for talented and passionate back-end developers to join the teams and contribute to our growth, innovate with us, and be part of a revolutionary global broadcasting/media technology powerhouse.
About the position
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead our Software and Platform Engineering teams and to help us create ground-breaking video services. As Engineering Manager, you will participate in building and managing diverse teams of engineers from different disciplines, formulate and execute strategies, and coordinate with other managers.
If you have a solid background in Engineering Management, leading teams, a passion for technology and wish to take part in shaping the future of television delivery we'd like to meet you.
- Supervising the work of multiple teams.
- Hiring and supervising staff
- Planning and executing strategies for completing projects on time.
- Determining the need for training and talent development.
- Training and onboarding technical personnel
- Gauge progress of various projects
- Develop and implement policies, standards, and procedures for the engineering departments
- Reviews department objectives for adequacy and consistency with corporate objectives
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in Software Engineering is highly preferred
- Minimum 3 years of management experience, with technical leadership skills for problem solving and conflict resolution
- Proven track record in engineering management, technical management, or business administration.
- Excellent program and project management skills with strong document management
- Excellent analytical skills including the ability to analyze, troubleshoot, change and improve teams' way of working
- Able to communicate ideas and recommendations to non-engineer team members in a clear manner
The ideal candidate will bring on board a positive attitude, see opportunities instead of challenges, and is eager to provide the best class experience for our clients.
In addition, you are:
- A strong team player is able to collaborate closely with team members and other internal stakeholders (Product Managers, Delivery Managers).
- Result-oriented and focused contributor able to work with deadlines and relate to roadmaps.
- A curious and self-driven learner with a holistic approach to complex challenges.
- Able to withstand periods of high activity linked to major sports events (Olympics, EURO2020).
- Exhibiting strong analytical and problem-solving skills with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to make decisions quickly
- Ability to give constructive criticism
If you identify with the above, we look forward to hearing from you.
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
SUBMIT YOUR CV
SIMILAR JOBS IN IT Project Management.
Engineering Group Leader
Apply Now Engineering Group Leader Seniority Level:Senior Level Industry:Information Technology & Energy Services Job Functions:Engineering / Information Technology / Group...
Project Manager - Workday
Apply Now Senior Project Manager / Workday HCM Delivery / Zurich and Home Office / CHF 775-975 per day Darwin...
Apply Now My client based in Stockholm are currently looking for an experienced Scrum Master who is competent with managing...
USE OUR ONLINE PLATFORM TO ACCESS ALL THE INSIGHTS THAT YOU NEED...
• Salaries; split by technology and seniority level.
• Time to hire; how long it takes to secure and start a new role, or source and hire talent.
• The average tenure of professionals per tech specialism.
• Gender split per location and tech specialism.
• Fastest growing skills per tech specialism.