Senior Data Platform Engineer (Kafka).
Senior Data Platform Engineer (Kafka)
€65000 - €90000 per annum|
NB: This job is to be done from within the Netherlands and will require you to visit the office at least twice per week.
Is Kafka your first name and AWS your surname? Looking to join a company that prioritizes technological innovation and welcomes your creativity and ideas? Have you been looking to join a company that focuses on your well-being and values your career growth?
My client is looking for an Apache Kafka Engineer who can take ownership of their data streaming platform so that it is configured correctly to enable data scientists and engineers to create game-changing algorithms. You will be hired as the Kafka expert, promoting proper integration and tool usage company-wide. Because they are growing, you will also be actively shaping their infrastructure (including pipelines) to handle future workloads.
I'm looking for someone who
- is an Apache Kafka expert. You have been working on implementing the technology for at least 2 years. You also have at least 4 years of total experience working according to DevOps/Data Engineering (best) practices and principles.
- has strong hands-on experience with cloud-native services on AWS or GCP as you will need to use this knowledge to solve the platform's needs.
- has a good understanding of Linux system administration, scalability, load balancers, automation. A good understanding/experience with CI/CD (Jenkins/TeamCity/GitHub or similar) would be nice.
- is good with infrastructure as code and knows his/her way around CloudFormation or Terraform, and Ansible.
- is very strong in Python (or willing to learn), having used it for scripting and some back-end development, as you could be building new features for use with the platform.
Who is interested in:
- Designing, building and automating data processing platforms with an emphasis on security, compliance, scalability, efficiency, reliability, and flexibility.
- Brainstorming and innovating, perfecting a Kafka platform that ultimately enables great user experiences, including identifying and exploring new use cases.
- Knowledge transfer, promoting best practices, and coaching colleagues in proper tool usage.
For a company who:
- Offers you a salary of up to €90k per year, including holiday allowance
- Also compensates you with a commute allowance, pension scheme, and a companywide discount on a lot of consumer goods.
- Gives you the option for a hybrid (2/3) work-from-home policy (office is in the Randstad), and the right equipment to help you do your job (WFH set-up, WFH coffee allowance, laptop).
- Values a good team spirit and promotes this with parties, pub quizzes, and other activities.
We understand that we ask a lot from our candidates, but we encourage you to apply even if you are skilled in 70% of the requirements. It's fine if your current job title is something else such as a Software or Data Engineer. If you can do the job, please reach out to me.
Apply now! Contact Nezar at +31 (0)20 305 8545, or e-mail me at email@example.com
Keywords: Apache Kafka, AWS, Amazon Web Services, CloudFormation, GCP, Terraform, CI/CD, Jenkins, TeamCity, Python, Ansible, Linux, DevOps
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.Nezar Lourens
SUBMIT YOUR CV
SIMILAR JOBS IN Data Engineering.
Apply Now Following 200m takeover from European giant, my client is a fast paced mid - sized company focusing on...
Lead Azure DevOps Engineer
Apply Now We are looking for a Lead DevOps Cloud Engineer to join one of our clients in the Randstad...
Data Engineer - Java/Python
Apply Now ***Required: A new Data Engineer to work for my client*** If you've got a background in working with...
USE OUR ONLINE PLATFORM TO ACCESS ALL THE INSIGHTS THAT YOU NEED...
• Salaries; split by technology and seniority level.
• Time to hire; how long it takes to secure and start a new role, or source and hire talent.
• The average tenure of professionals per tech specialism.
• Gender split per location and tech specialism.
• Fastest growing skills per tech specialism.